Have a good look at the picture.
- What is happening?
- Are the people moving in or out?
- Where have they come from or where are they going and why?
- What are the neighbours saying?
Can you write a diary entry for one of the people who is moving? It could be one of the parents or one of the children or even one of the pets!
- The mood of your diary. Are you excited or unhappy about the move?
- How diaries start e.g. Dear Diary, What an amazing day I've had or Dear Diary, The day I've been dreading has finally arrived.
- Can you include lots of description e.g. adjectives - heavy box, or similes - The people looked like ants scurrying around the nest.
Once you have written your diary entry (one page of writing is enough), edit your writing.
- Does it make sense?
- Have you described your feelings?
- Have you used description?
- Check spellings and punctuation.
- You could now publish your diary in your best handwriting.