Today you are going to write a narrative or story. The idea for your story is ‘Stuck’.
It could be a person, object or animal that is stuck in your story.
- Where are they stuck?
- How did they get there?
- What will happen to them?
Think about the following:
- Who are your characters?
- Where is your story set?
- What is the problem or complication and how will it be solved?
- How will your story end?
- Plan your story with a beginning, middle and end. How are you going to hook the reader at the start? You could write down notes, draw a picture or create a storyboard.
- Organise your ideas into paragraphs.
- Choose your words carefully to entertain the reader.
- Write in sentences. Think about some of the things we have used in class like inverted commas or fronted adverbials.
- Pay attention to your spelling and punctuation.
- Read, check and edit your work carefully.
- Decide how you are going to publish your story: writing it out, typing it, making a book?