This week our writing challenge will be to write another narrative or story. The idea for your story is ‘Message in a Bottle’.
Your story could be about a person who write a message in a bottle or a person who finds one.
- Where was the bottle found?
- Where did it come from?
- What does the message say?
- What happens to the person who reads the message?
Think about the following:
- Who are your characters?
- Where is your story set?
- What is the problem or complication and how will it be solved?
- How will your story end?
Remember to plan, write, read, edit and publish:
- Plan your story with a beginning, middle and end. How are you going to hook the reader at the start? You could write down notes, draw a picture or create a storyboard.
- Organise your ideas into paragraphs.
- Choose your words carefully to entertain the reader.
- Write in sentences. Think about some of the things we have used in class like inverted commas or fronted adverbials.
- Pay attention to your spelling and punctuation.
- Read, check and edit your work carefully.
- Decide how you are going to publish your story: writing it out, typing it, making a book?